Thursday, June 26, 2014

Graduation Day for the Boys

I know I haven't been great with pictures this year, other than a few of Maria. Nor am I sure that this post is a sign that I have turned over a new leaf. But pics, you say?



Stephen's truly got this kindergarten thing mastered.



He even brought a date to the event.


It took some cajoling, but Isaiah agreed to put his gown back on and pose. He is such a fine young man. It's easy to be proud of him. I just think it's so special that he is holding his baby sister - quite a photo to look back on in ten years, I think.


I am not the most sentimental guy, but I found Isaiah's grad to be a very moving event. This was in no small way due to the fact that it was led by Maria's godfather, Dave Afelskie, of whom I have no doubt that he is the single greatest grade 8 teacher in the world. I always knew that he made a real difference in his students' lives, knew that he would be a real blessing to Isaiah, but last night you could just see this so clearly and touchingly. I wish all Catholic teachers were to their classes what Dave is to his grade 8 class. It is so amazing to see God's work being done when a person is where he is supposed to be and doing what he is supposed to be doing. I am just sad that Isaiah has to leave him now.

No picture of Dave because he was surrounded by his adoring students.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you've done gone and made me cry. Thank you. I agree wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, my son-in-law. Thank you, a lovely tribute to Dave and congrats to Isaiah on his graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was elated to hear that Dave will be teaching Sarah-Grace, perhaps for the next two years!

    ReplyDelete