Sunday, September 22, 2013

What has Pope Francis Done to us this Time!?

I had to write the heading as if suggesting that I would actually criticize him, so that you'd read.

My point: this is what the Holy Father likes to do to us. Say things provocatively so that we won't ignore them... My hero!

I had avoided reading "the interview" until last night (started it last night, anyway), because I don't like to read stuff just because people who don't know the Faith are ignited by it. That is a poor litmus test. Sensationalism.

Anyway, a good friend of mine asked me about it yesterday because the news about it in the MSM was annoying him. We all know how that goes: they found Jesus' tomb, or Dan Brown says Jesus was married to Mary Magdalene, or some such nonsense.

I actually read a piece in the NY Times about the Holy Father's humility this morning (comparing it to Obama's!). Something has really got to the liberals. We should think about what that is.

But first we need to read the interview - all 10,000 words of it. That's pretty long. I am trying to get an article of mine that I want to submit to Augustinian Studies to under their 8,000 word-limit. At it's longest it was 13,000 words. Currently at 9-something-thousand it is, at 12 point font, about 25 pages long. So the Holy Father's interview will take a good hour to read. I will see if I can get a quiet hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament, either today or very soon, in order to prayerfully reflect upon it.

A few years back when Benedict XVI dared to criticize Islam with his Regensberg Address, for a moment I thought he had been imprudent. For a moment I thought the same about this current matter with Pope Francis. And then, as I started to read, I suddenly realized: "Who else could get NY Times big-shots to read about St. Ignatius of Loyola, but Pope Francis!"

What a coup d'etat!

More on this to follow.

1 comment:

  1. October 8, 2013
    Pope Francis' error has made salvation theology over the last 60 -plus years obsolete

    http://eucharistandmission.blogspot.it/2013/10/pope-francis-error-has-made-salvation.html#links

    ReplyDelete