Monday, February 25, 2013

Big Events for the Kerrs

Since word is trickling out slowly I can probably state publicly now that I am no longer working as principal. I am free-lancing now, and happy to be. The life of scholarship calls to me, and I beckon.

More importantly, my beloved grandfather, Ira Urquhart, died last night. He was 94. His funeral will be later this week. Please pray for the repose of his holy soul. He was the most wonderful man in the world. I am always proud when I think of the two great men who served as my primary male role-models: my dad and my grandfather. With models like that I am certain that I have been given all I need to become a good man myself. It'll take time for my heart to get used to his passing: I am very slow emotionally. I guess it's a man thing: we see a lion in the grass yonder, go and fight him with our spears and then after he is dispatched, crumple-up in disbelief over what just happened.

2 comments:

  1. Heather the youngerFebruary 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM

    Sorry to hear about your grandfather. Prayers, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather... come by here any time!

    ReplyDelete