1. Family is the most important thing in life. (See #11.)
2. The love of God is proven by #1.
3. Work at your family if you want to have a good and happy life.
4. You cannot escape the fact of #3.
5. You have a duty to your own happiness.
6. You are on the right track if #5 involves the happiness of others, off track if not.
7. No one's happiness exactly coincides with an other's, but there are many elements shared.
8. Work is necessary and it draws its importance primarily - almost exclusively - from that fact.
9. Most people have no idea what they are talking about. (That's Socrates' gift.)
10. Friends can be an important part of your family.
11. God is the head of every family.
12. It's far more important to be nice than to be right. Your being right is basically irrelevant. Truth can stand up for itself - it doesn't need you.
13. Every person has a duty to accumulate wisdom. You will pay both here and later if you disregard this duty.
14. Smile if you can do nothing else. Let your smile be a praise of God.
15. Pleasure is good, but your moral character is revealed by your pleasures, so you need to work towards enjoying the right things. (Thanks, Aristotle.)
16. You will be dead before you know it: live so that others will be inspired to follow the actual path to happiness.
17. Jesus is God. He has everything you need.
18. While everyone else is getting excited, remember these things. Sure, there'll be great signs and wonders, but what does that have to do with you?