Monday, June 11, 2012

Graces and Challenges

First of all, that baby I talked about the other day was born safely and healthy: a beautiful girl, Sarah is her name.

Fr. Hattie has had a lot of health challenges, and continues to struggle, so keep him in prayer, please.

As we continue to get ready to move, lots of challenges and work. I hate moving! And, although I would have loved to have spent the remainder of my days in Barry's Bay, I never thought I actually would - and, look, I was right!

Went fishing / canoeing with Isaiah and some friends yesterday. It was really good, despite the fact of having tipped the canoe and lost my rod: "Now I know what to get you for Father's Day" says Isaiah. Never going back to that lake again! All because of a spider. Never mind.

Really enjoyed the Corpus Christi stuff at our church: procession, benediction, and meal afterwards. Hopefully the church we end up in in... wherever it is we are moving, will be just as good.

A former student of mine visited me the other day. Great to see her. She is to begin graduate studies in the Fall. Very exciting!

Was 30 degrees yesterday, and looks like it will be again today. Not happy. Is it better than last week's 15 degree days? No. At least it'll be cooler tomorrow.

Some soaked books can live again. Rance and the Trappist Legacy, which I brought with me in the canoe, got soaked, but it looks like I'll be able to finish reading it...

2 comments:

  1. Laughed out loud at your description of the Corpus Christi "Stuff". And we're going to the beach later today...wanna come? You can leave Rance on shore.

    ReplyDelete