Monday, February 20, 2012

Sometimes There's Gold Out There - Owl City

A lovely song I came across recently. It's by "Owl City," famous for its song 'FireFlies.'

This one is called Galaxies. I especially like the last stanza before the final chorus, referring to 'Hercules.' Who is Hercules today? Obama? The Culture of Death in general? You're not the blinding light that I need. Inspiring! A blessing upon its composer, Adam Young. You can read a few things about the group here. Personally, I am not all that into Christian pop music. The only Christian group I really followed was 'Sixpence None the Richer.' I like this group too.!

I finally figured out how to link to a You Tube video. Enjoy:


Galaxies

Call back the cap com,
Tick off the time bomb,
Let felicity fly.

Armor the air lock,
Blanket the bed rock,
And kiss the planet goodbye.

Dear God, I was terribly lost
When the galaxies crossed
And the sun went dark.
But dear God, You're the only North Star
I would follow this far.

Da da da da da dada da

Fight back the flight deck,
Bring on the break neck
Cue the solar eclipse

Summit the sunset
Dubtail the dragnet
And blow your backbone to bits.

Dear God, I was terribly lost
When the galaxies crossed
And the sun went dark.
But dear God, You're the only North Star
I would follow this far.

Oh telescope,
Keep an eye on my only hope,
Lest I blink and get swept off the narrow road,
Hercules, you've got nothing to say to me,
'Cause you're not the blinding light that I need.
For He is the saving grace of the galaxies (galaxies, galaxies, galaxies, galaxies)
He is the saving grace of the galaxies (galaxies)

Dear God, I was terribly lost
When the galaxies crossed
And the sun went dark
But dear God, You're the only North Star
I would follow this far.

I would follow this far.

(Through the galaxy)



My girls laughed at the video, but it is a song I can be proud to share with them. So now you know what makes a lame-oid like me tick.

2 comments:

  1. "Owl City" is one of this household's favourite bands. Adam Young writes some of the most interesting lyrics you'll ever find - poetic, fun, stringing words and phrases together that leave you thinking anew about the English language. He has been mainstream for a few years now, but has successfully "crossed over", now heard on the likes of CHRI.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you think of anything else like that, let me know.

    ReplyDelete