Sunday, March 6, 2011

Computerless

Once again I have had to pass in my laptop to Staples for work. This time the battery (once again). As a result, I am slow to post, slow to email, slow to do everything that I normally do. But that's okay. The biggest aberration in my schedule is actually writing out notes for my classes. Usually I read them from the laptop. It's a little awkward because I am not used to it. My handwriting is an abomination.

Few points of update:

1) Finally submitted that talk I gave to the Canadian Chapter of the Fellowship of Catholic Scholars for consideration in their journal. I made a lot of improvements and elaborations, that's why it took so long.

2) Got our biggest single-day snow fall this season last night. Left me scrambling to clean the driveway out enough to get the car out for mass in less than 20 minutes. I enjoy shovelling, just not before I've had my morning coffee.

3) Lent is coming. I'm all planned-up as to what to 'give up.' This involves alcohol, since I am enjoying my beer way too much.

4) My daughter, Sarah-Grace, once again did very well in her spelling bee. Kudos to my good buddy, Jacob, who was the all-around champ of their division! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.




Here's cool-as-a-cucumber Sarah-Grace spelling antidisestablishmentarianism. Jacob is to her left. (photo credit: Elena Afelskie)

5) Are now beginning the last half of the Spring semester, with the one midterm exam I gave all marked and ready to be returned.

6) Fermenting lots of pedagogical thoughts for future posts, but not ready to compose them yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment