Monday, February 14, 2011

Why This Picture?

This picture was taken at the party we had after our oldest son's, Isaiah's, baptism, on February 4th, 2001. I like it for a number of reasons (once I cropped out the bottom part that makes me look fat!).

Today, Valentine's Day, it evokes a certain meaning I attached to my marriage: the part that says to me that I need Anne-Marie's support and love. Husbands are supposed to be the strong ones, but if they were self-sufficient marriage would be pointless. So I like this picture because it speaks to me of how much I need Anne-Marie at times to keep going.

So I had this picture scanned and then went to the pharmacy in town here to have it printed off and framed. It's not the best quality picture ever, but still, it's important  to me, and I hope constitutes a bit of a tribute to Anne-Marie and all she means to me... that she does care for me, and that I need her to care for me, that I recognize that she cares for me, and that it means a lot to me...

2 comments:

  1. Plus, she looks particularly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must be one of the reasons I like it so much...

    ReplyDelete