Monday, February 21, 2011

Chances Are

Chances are

- if you use words like freemasonry, modernism, and americanism
- if you mention Pius X more than once a day
- if you think about the conversion of Russia
- if apologetics makes you think of Protestants
- if your favourite magisterial document is Pasdcendi Domini Gregis
- if you think dancing is a pressing social issue

Your theology is 80 years out of date!


Chances are

- if you use words like koinonia, aggiornamento, and laity
- if you think of Vatican Two as the most important event in Catholic history
- if you mention John XXIII more than once a day
- if you think of ecumenism at all
- if your favourite magisterial document is Gaudium et Spes
- if apologetics means nothing to you at all
- if you think illiteracy is a pressing social issue

Your theology is 40 years out of date!

Chances are

- if you use words like ressourcement, Ratzingerian, and hermeneutic
- if your list of popes runs, Peter... Leo the Great... Gregory the Great.. yadda, yadda, yadda... John Paul II... Benedict XVI
- if your favourite magisterial document is Dominus Jesus
- if apologetics makes you think of atheists and liberals
- if you think contraception is the only social issue

then you are perfect, like me!

2 comments:

  1. I think I qualify as 'almost' perfect... but my current favourite magisterial document is Rerum Novarum.

    Also, I had to look up what ressourcement is. But I think I have a new favourite word. Can I just say how much the phrase "the Spirit of Vatican II" makes me ill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rerum Novarum places you amongst the competentes of the third order (i.e. firmly within Colinism), since it was so wackily progressive at the time as to make members of the first group blow steam out of their ears in anger and bewilderment.
    I was thinking about adding phrase 'spirit of Vatica II' but I it's a phrase, not a word...

    ReplyDelete