- It takes me wanting to read it more than once, or at least once, a week. You'll note from the roll as is that there is one set of criteria for friends another for non-friends. If you blog is a personal or family thing, if I don't know you personally I don't want to read it - that's not to say it's not an objectively good blog. Other criteria reflection my personal interests, nothing more.
- I don't really like politics, I am not heavily into Church politics / liturgical politics, and many aspects of personal devotion.
- I like philosophical and theological things, but that can include homely reflection on family life too - as in the case of Jennifer Fulwiler.
- I like clerical blogs, but ones that teach me something I don't already know.
- I don't like videos - I like text!
- and: YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR BLOG REGULARLY. If I see more than a week between posts, chances are you are not going to make the cut.
- Finally, I have to see your person on your page. There are too many weirdos out there, number one. Number two, I don't want to read a blog put out by an organization, but an individual whose moral character I can assess.
Friday, December 24, 2010
What's It Gonna Take to get on My Blog Roll?
I'm looking for new postulants on the blog roll. I've kicked a few off in recent days, added a few. As I make my way through the 'Catholic Blog Directory' looking for contenders I have certain things in mind that I'm looking for in a blog. I have posted on 'what makes for a good blog' before. But it takes more than objective goodness to get on my roll.