Friday, December 24, 2010

What's It Gonna Take to get on My Blog Roll?

I'm looking for new postulants on the blog roll. I've kicked a few off in recent days, added a few. As I make my way through the 'Catholic Blog Directory' looking for contenders I have certain things in mind that I'm looking for in a blog. I have posted on 'what makes for a good blog' before. But it takes more than objective goodness to get on my roll.

  • It takes me wanting to read it more than once, or at least once, a week. You'll note from the roll as is that there is one set of criteria for friends another for non-friends. If you blog is a personal or family thing, if I don't know you personally I don't want to read it - that's not to say it's not an objectively good blog. Other criteria reflection my personal interests, nothing more.
  • I don't really like politics, I am not heavily into Church politics / liturgical politics, and many aspects of personal devotion.
  • I like philosophical and theological things, but that can include homely reflection on family life too - as in the case of Jennifer Fulwiler.
  • I like clerical blogs, but ones that teach me something I don't already know.
  • I don't like videos - I like text!
  • and: YOU MUST UPDATE YOUR BLOG REGULARLY. If I see more than a week between posts, chances are you are not going to make the cut.
  • Finally, I have to see your person on your page. There are too many weirdos out there, number one. Number two, I don't want to read a blog put out by an organization, but an individual whose moral character I can assess.
So, check out my new contenders, and, knowing my preferences, please feel free to make suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. Oops, I'd better update more AND get a little more intelligent in my blogging or expect to be axed. Well, I s'pose the fact that we are actually friends in real life could justify you reading it, correct?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends forever, girl. Merry Christmas to you and Pat and Noah!

    ReplyDelete