Saturday, November 20, 2010

An Other Way to Give

The suggestion of a friend pushed me to act upon a thing I had been thinking I should do in light of all these posts I'm making about OLSWA's library.

So I developed a "wish list" on Amazon.com of books that I think the school could benefit from having in its collection. I'll try and set it up as a permanent thing on the side of this blog, but until then you can get to it here. If you go to Amazon.com and click on 'search for a wish list,' look under my name (Colin Kerr). The actual list is called "OLSWA Library."

The advantage of using Amazon, rather than listing books as I have been, is that it'll keep track of which books have been purchased.
Thanks, Sue, for the suggestion.

4 comments:

  1. The gift registry idea was Jenna's :). I just suggested posting the wish list on the OLSWA website or in the newsletter. The wish list is a great idea, since supporters will know what has been purchased. Just wondering why you went with amazon.com, vs. amazon.ca...

    ReplyDelete
  2. .com has way more stuff than .ca, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I figured. :)
    Another source for hard-to-find volumes is abebooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I go there all the time! It's wonderful. Though not according to my wife ;)

    ReplyDelete