Friday, March 26, 2010

What is Hope?

It's at times like this that hope comes in. It's not needed at other times. It's indispensable when it's needed.

Hope is the will to believe when you have no reason to. It is the will that persists in darkness. We all come to dark times, but respond in them differently. Hope looks like joy when it is strong and it just looks like a brave face when it is desperate.

Well, I believe in freedom and in the truth. I believe that this land is not lost to Christ - not because the land deserves another chance, but because God desires to bless us. I believe in the power of courage and prayer to change things. Most people don't. I've maintained this belief, mostly, though at times I have lost it. I don't dream big anymore, but I dream with certainty. I have learned from my own life and from those who have gone before me that the difference between a good thing happening and a good thing not happening is sometimes just one person holding firm and insisting that there is something on the other side of the darkness. Don't dream big; dream with certainty. Remove all vanity from your designs, and just say, "I will do this little thing because it is good." If it truly is good, there God will be. He is just waiting for you to push a little harder, persevere a little longer, be humbled just a little lower.

I promise not to give up, my friends. Just tell me when I'm being proud.

Truth is just one man saying "Christ is everything and I will not forget that."

2 comments:

  1. Hi Colin, I was talking with Am last night and told her this was the most inspiring thing I have read in a long time. I actually read it twice and was exactly what I needed to hear at that moment. May God bless you for your sharing with the heart. MJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite welcome. I bring enough hardship into the world - it's nice to bring some light for a change.

    ReplyDelete